Friday 6 January 2017

This morning it was cold!!

Temperature was -25 C ( -13 F ) around 05:00 UTC this morning. And this is Cold even for moi!!
But it will get warmer and some white fluff is predicted later this day.

Discussion about the use of remote receivers to Catch rare DX for DXCC (SDR's).
Well, what about DXCC rule 9.b. Has anyone seen it, read it, and also understand it??? This rule says, and I quote: "All transmitters and receivers comprising a station used for a specific contact must be located within a 500-meter diameter circle." end quote.
So, in my World this will disqualify the use of remote receivers such as SDR's in same/another country (more than 500 m away from your transmitter) and transmit from your home QTH!!?? Or do I interpret the rule wrong? But if the use of a complete remote station with X-Mitter's and Receiver's at the same location to work the DX than it is OK. But only as long as it is in your country!!??
I guess this question will escalate with the increase use of SDR's all around the World.
But if you don't participating in the DXCC Award programme you can do what ever you like and don't bother about any rules what so ever.


I like to use my station as it is without any help of external receivers or transmitters. And I'm quite well equipped, or...........................???

Well, now I have put my nose out for a real storm. But this is my opinion and I will respect any other ham that have a different approach in this question.

Temp is Rising! It is now only -18 C ( 0 F ) outside. Soon I will be able to get a coffee in the garden!!!

CUL

No comments:

Post a Comment